Thursday, August 30, 2007

My First Blog

Okay, so today for the first time I read the blog of someone I didn't know. If any of you reading this haven't checked out "mom2my6pack.blogspot.com" you should. It's a riot! Anyway as I was reading that I thought, "how cathartic!" and thus, the inspiration to start typing for myself! Don't know if anyone will read it, don't really care. I'm betting the money I'll save from not having to go to a therapist will finance my children's college tuition for years and years to come.

Today has been a typical day for a SAHM of twin 16 month olds. I picked up the books that they pulled off the shelves more than a dozen times, folded the same batch of laundry 5 times before giving up and leaving it for the kids to do themselves when they get home from school and, my favorite, cleaned the baby's room after nap time.

Nap time the last few days has been bliss! They're going down early and staying in their room for a good 3 hours. Just enough time for me to eat, shower and do one or two chores that have been neglected all summer as our 1050 square feet of apartment space has been occupied by 3 adults and 5 children. Today I actually bottled 10 quarts of peaches from Grandma's tree. (That was a lovely call. "These peaches need to be done but I just can't bring myself to do them. But I can't let them go to waste, you do them.")

Sadly today I learned, yet again, that anytime you know you're children are conscious but they're being quiet, there's danger lurking in that silence. These boys have a propensity to rip up any paper type product they get their hands on. Today, they learned how to get the diaper pail (.89 walmart garbage can) down from on top of their changing table. Xavier stood on Xander long enough to knock it down. They then proceded to rip up the 4 diapers in the can and skatter the pieces on every visible inch of carpet. Luckily I managed to empty the can last night so there weren't many in there, but come on! Have you smelled a used baby diaper lately? Well, the carpet in their bedroom is destined to smell like it for at least another day. Tomorrow I'll try carpet cleaning their floor. That'll be no small task as the sound of the vaccume cleaner creates an incredibly dissonent siren type scream from both of them. What is it about the vaccume cleaner that is so terrifying to a one year old?

No comments: